Now Playing
Mix 965 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Today's Best Music!
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Mix 965 Tulsa
Last Song Played
Today's Best Music!

television

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

ESPN to air documentary about pro wrestler Ric Flair on Nov. 7

Ric Flair can’t stop the “Nature Boy.” The professional wrestler, whom many fans consider the greatest of all time, has always upheld the on-camera persona of a self-proclaimed “stylin’, profilin’, limousine-riding, jet-flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ n’ dealin’ son of a gun.”

>> Read more trending news

But when on Tuesday, Nov. 7, ESPN Films premieres its “Nature Boy” “30 for 30” documentary, the American television audience will be introduced to a question Flair himself still cannot answer: Where does Ric Flair stop, and Richard Morgan Fliehr, 68, begin?

As the documentary details, Flair is an almost pathological extrovert who has spent much of the past 30 years drinking and socializing in public places, riffing with bartenders and fans, and flirting with women. His fiancee, former WCW talent Wendy Barlow, thinks she understands why.

“He’s never discovered what he likes, or what he wants to do beyond being Ric Flair. All the going out, it’s about him getting older, and still needing to get the attention and accolades from fans,” she says. In addition to feeding Flair’s ego, the wrestler himself suggests his drinking problem was masked beneath the social nature of his habit.

“I never drank at home alone. I liked to be amongst the people. But I drank 20 vodkas a day easy,” Flair said. “I spent almost $1.2 million on drinking last year alone.”

Drinking has not been Flair’s only traditional vice. He echoed in our interview the claim from the forthcoming “30 for 30” that he has slept with more than 10,000 women, reportedly including actress Halle Berry.

“I had three major problems. I was as addicted to women as I was to wrestling and liquor. I said 10,000 women, but that’s rough math. It could’ve been 8,500. I needed company at night, man. What are you gonna do? Gotta find something to do at night in Kansas.”

Flair has been married and divorced four times. Flair tells other stories, too. About his son Reid’s heroin overdose, for which Flair blames himself.

“He died on my watch. The night my son died, I didn’t call the police. I knew he was high, but I didn’t know it was on heroin. And I went to bed thinking he needed to sleep it off, and I had been drinking, and in the morning, he was gone.”

Flair says he moved to Atlanta because of The Charlotte Observer’s coverage of his son’s heroin overdose death.

>> Flair: Wrestling brought fame but also was disease

He bemoans the notion that his life makes headlines at every transgression. Yet, he profits from his public persona and leverages it to make his living. So where in all of that does Flair end, or Fliehr begin?

On Aug. 11, 2017, both nearly met their shared end, when Flair — a Lawrenceville resident — left the Arena Tavern bar with a stomachache. He’d spent the day drinking vodka and eating oysters, but the pain felt different than illness from food or alcohol.

Within hours of Flair getting home, Barlow had checked Flair into a hospital, where doctors said Flair was experiencing congestive heart, liver and kidney failure, and that an obstructed section of Flair’s bowel required removal. Flair was ultimately placed in a medically induced coma for 10 days while doctors treated those issues, and inserted a pacemaker into Flair’s heart. Doctors told family to return to Atlanta to say goodbye to Flair (and Fliehr), whom they gave a less than one in five chance to live.

Flair did live, and he was released Sept. 21. He says his medical bills for the recent emergency ran above $1 million, and that his recovery included learning to walk again.

>> The top 10 best quotes of “The Nature Boy”

For Flair, the brush with death showed him the need for a calmer life surrounded by people he can trust.

As ESPN’s “Nature Boy” and Flair’s new autobiography, “Second Nature,” suggest — not knowing whom to trust, in the case of Flair, is an uncertainty Flair could perhaps extend even to himself. For now, though, Flair insists he is a changed man.

“Two months clean! I don’t know what is next, exactly. But I’m never drinking again. And I did discover binge-watching Netflix this month. And I do hope to use this experience in a positive way.”

 

Tori Spelling opens up about baby no. 5 changed her marriage with Dean McDermott

Welcoming baby Beau into their family did wonders for Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott’s marriage.

The reality star and mother of five talked about the “rebirth” of her marriage when US Weekly caught up with her at the 28th annual A Time for Heroes Festival in L.A. on Sunday, Oct. 29.

>> Read more trending news 

“Beau was like the rebirth of our relationship,” she said of her 7-month-old. “We know how to do it differently now. For so many years, we kind of didn’t know how to find time for ourselves, it was all about the kids, because we did start having kids right away.”

RELATED: Failing to pay child support, Tori Spelling’s husband, Dean McDermott, faces jail time again

The couple has faced their ups and downs in their marriage in the past after McDermott’s 2013 cheating scandal. The actor reportedly had a two-day affair with a woman that year. The trials and tribulations of repairing their marriage was later documented on their Lifetime documentary series, “True Tori.”

Spelling and McDermott are also parents to Liam, 10, Stella, 9, Hattie, 6, Finn, 5.

Despite the house full of kids, Spelling maintains that they always find time to spend together by making time for regular date nights.

“Our time together is as important as our time with our children,” she said.

Kevin Spacey accused of past sexual misconduct with then-14-year-old actor

Kevin Spacey issued a controversial apology late Sunday to actor Anthony Rapp, who accused Spacey of sexual misconduct toward him in 1986, when Rapp, now 46, was 14.

"I have a lot of respect and admiration for Anthony Rapp as an actor. I'm beyond horrified to hear his story," Spacey tweeted in response to Rapp's allegation to BuzzFeed that Spacey invited the then-teenager to a party at his apartment, “picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed and climbed on top of him.”

"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago," Spacey, now 58, said in the statement. "But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years."

>> Read more trending news 

Spacey continued: "This story has encouraged me to address other things about my life. I know that there are stories out there about me and that some have been fueled by the fact that I have been so protective of my privacy. As those closest to me know, in my life I have had relationships with both men and women. I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man. I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior."

>> See the tweet here

Spacey’s statement combining the apology with coming out was widely condemned on social media.

"Coming out is a beautiful part of being gay," journalist and author Mark Harris tweeted. "Attaching it to this vileness is so wrong."

Dan Savage, Rose McGowan and other celebrities also slammed Spacey's statement.

Rapp tweeted the following in response to the BuzzFeed article:

"I came forward with my story, standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out to shine a light and hopefully make a difference, as they have done for me. Everything I wanted to say about my experience is in that article, and I have no further comment about it at this time."

>> See the tweets here

Hoda Kotb shows off baby daughter's adorable 1st Halloween costume

Hoda Kotb is so excited to celebrate her baby girl Haley Joy’s first Halloween that she showed off her little one’s adorable costume ahead of the big night, People reports.

>> Kim Kardashian West dressed up as Cher for Halloween, and people are loving it

“I couldn’t wait!” Kotb captioned a photo of Haley donning a plush Jack-o’-lantern costume and a huge smile.

>> See the photo here

>> On Rare.us: Hoda Kotb shares yet another precious photo of her daughter Haley 'just because'

The “Today” host adopted Haley back in February, and her life hasn’t been the same since, saying, “There’s a line of demarcation: before Haley and after Haley. Every day after Haley is better than every single day before.”

>> Read more trending news 

Kotb is now navigating motherhood for the first time with some help from boyfriend and the man Hayley calls dad, Joel Schiffman. The proud mom has been active about sharing pictures and milestones with fans on social media.

>> On Rare.us: Hoda Kotb’s latest picture of her 'everything,' daughter Haley Joy, just might be the cutest one yet

“It’s one of those things where you think you’ve done it all, you think you’ve felt it all. But I just didn’t know that this kind of love existed,” Kotb said after welcoming Haley Joy into her life.

Kim Kardashian West dressed up as Cher for Halloween, and people are loving it

After channeling her on the September cover of Harper’s Bazaar, Kim Kardashian West dressed up as her icon Cher again for Halloween, and fans can’t get enough of her costume, which replicated the singer’s look at the 1973 Academy Awards, People reports.

>> Read more trending news

“Cher definitely has a better body,” Kardashian West said on Periscope. “Her stomach … I don’t think anyone could compare.”

The reality TV star donned a long black wig and a custom-made replica of Cher’s infamous outfit. Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, stood in as Sonny. She shared several videos and pictures of her ensemble on social media, even teasing fans with hints about her costume before the big reveal.

>> See the tweet here

“Because I love her and we’re going to a ’70s party. You know I love her,” she said about her costume.

Not only did Cher herself approve of Kardashian West’s costume, writing on Twitter, “Woke To See You Are Me 4 [Halloween] You Look BEAUTIFUL Little Armenian Sister,” but fans made it known they loved the look, as well:

>> See Cher's tweet here

'Andi Mack,' Disney Channel show, to make history with first gay main character

The Disney Channel’s first gay main character is set to debut over the weekend.

>> Read more trending news

Page Six reports that the second season of live-action show “Andi Mack” will show main character Andi’s best friend, Cyrus, work through his feelings for Andi’s love interest, Josh. Child development experts were reportedly consulted by Disney Channel and series creator Terri Minsky throughout the writing of the character’s storyline. The season premiere was also screened in advance by groups like Common Sense Media, GLAAD and PFLAG.

“With more and more young people coming out as LGBTQ, ‘Andi Mack’ is reflecting the lives and lived experiences of so many LGBTQ youth around the country,” GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement. “Television reflects the real life world and today that includes LGBTQ youth who deserve to see their lives depicted on their favorite shows. Disney has been a leader in LGBTQ inclusion and there are so many young people who will be excited to see Cyrus’ story unfold.”

Page Six also notes that this is not the first time “Andi Mack” has addressed diverse family structures. In one episode, the main character learns that the young woman she believed to be her older sister was actually her mother, alluding to a teen pregnancy.

This is also not the first time Disney Channel has highlighted LGBT characters. A 2014 episode of live-action show “Good Luck Charlie” featured a lesbian couple. Other on-screen couples were shown in animated shows. Audiences were introduced to a gay couple, both police officers, on an episode of “Gravity Falls,” while “Star vs. the Forces of Evil” showed the network’s first on-screen kiss between same-sex couples in 2017.

George H.W. Bush apologizes after actress Heather Lind accuses him of sexual assault

Former President George H.W. Bush is apologizing to an actress who claims he groped her during a private screening.

The incident allegedly took place in 2014.

Actress Heather Lind, who works on the AMC show "Turn Washington’s Spies," said the former president, now 93, grabbed her behind and told her a dirty joke right before a photo was taken.

Lind detailed the entire incident in a now-deleted Instagram post.

>> Read more trending news 

She claims former first lady Barbara Bush saw the whole thing and just rolled her eyes.

Bush's spokesman, Jim McGrath, issued an apology in a statement to People Wednesday morning. 

“President Bush would never – under any circumstance – intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind,” the statement said.

By late Tuesday, Bush’s office issued another statement.

“At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures,” the statement said. “To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke -- and on occasion, he has patted women’s rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, Pres. Bush apologizes most sincerely.”

The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

Bill O'Reilly declares he's 'mad at God' amid sexual harassment allegations

Bill O’Reilly says he is “mad at God” amid news that he paid $32 million to settle a sexual harassment case.

On Monday’s edition of his webcast, “No Spin News,” the former Fox host said, “I’m mad at God. … I wish I had more protection. I wish this stuff didn’t happen. I can’t explain it to you. Yeah, I’m mad at him.”

>> Read more trending news

On Friday, The New York Times reported that O’Reilly made the multimillion-dollar settlement with Lis Wiehl, a former analyst on the network. The settlement came in January, six months after Roger Ailes was fired, and was the sixth agreement made by Fox or its star amid sexual harassment allegations.

After the January settlement, the Murdochs, who own Fox, renewed O’Reilly’s contract; however, they were reportedly worried that the harassment claims might become public and included language that allowed the company to part ways with the juggernaut host in the event that the news got out.

>> On Rare.us: Megyn Kelly scorches former colleague Bill O’Reilly on TV following Fox News settlement

During his webcast, O’Reilly didn’t stop at blaming the higher powers. According to the Washington Examiner, he also threw dirt at the New York Times, saying, “I truly believe that these people at the New York Times are out to hurt people with whom they disagree. They don’t want me in the marketplace. That’s what this is all about."

When contacted by the New York Times for comment, O’Reilly said:

"[The allegations are] politically and financially motivated, and we can prove it with shocking information, but I’m not going to sit here in a courtroom for a year and a half and let my kids get beaten up every single day of their lives by a tabloid press that would sit there, and you know it."

'Magnum P.I.' reboot in the works: reports

CBS is working on a reboot of its classic show “Magnum P.I.,” according to reports.

>> Read more trending news

The first eight seasons of the original series aired on CBS in the 1980s. The show starred Tom Selleck.

The series reboot “follows Thomas Magnum (Selleck’s former role), a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. With help from fellow vets Theodore ‘TC’ Calvin and Orville ‘Rick’ Wright, as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins, Magnum takes on the cases no one else will, helping those who have no one else to turn to,” Variety magazine reported.

The reboot has already been given a “pilot-production commitment” from the network, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

It’s unclear whether Selleck will return for the reboot, but as he is currently under contract with CBS for the hit show “Blue Bloods,” it’s plausible that he could appear on the new “Magnum P.I.”

The reboot comes after a recent attempt to revive the series flopped.

Last year, ABC attempted to develop a sequel series, titled “Magnum,” which would have followed Magnum’s daughter who returns to Hawaii to take over her father’s P.I. firm. However, the show did not move beyond the development stage.

The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

‘Game of Thrones’ actor Peter Dinklage, wife Erica Schmidt celebrate birth of 2nd child

“Game of Thrones” actor Peter Dinklage and his wife, Erica Schmidt, welcomed their second child, Us Weekly reported Friday.

>> Read more trending news

It is the second child for the couple. Their daughter was born in 2011, Us Weekly reported.

The couple did not publicly confirm the second pregnancy, but Us Weekly confirmed they were spotted with their newborn at a concert in September.

Dinkage plays the part of Tyrion Lannister on “Game of Thrones,” which ended its seventh season in August.

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >