HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Actress Jennifer Lawrence arrives at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on February 27, 2011 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by John Shearer/Getty Images)
Both the FBI and Apple are now responding to the high-profile hack over the weekend. Nude photos and videos of Hollywood A-listers including Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton were stolen and posted online.
The latest news comes from Apple. Bloomberg reports, "Apple says no systems breach found on celebrity photo probe."
This is a significant update because there had been reports indicating a bug in the company's Find My iPhone feature was to blame.
We do know Apple fixed that bug Monday, which hardly seemed like coincidental timing.
The bug allowed for a potential hacker to continuously try passwords until gaining access to a user's iCloud account.
Regardless, the global head of security research for Sophos told The Wall Street Journal, "That really isn't acceptable for a large company like Apple, in this day and age, to have that kind of mistake in a cloud service."
But with Apple denying a "systems breach," we still don't know exactly how the photos were obtained.
A computer expert tells KCAL, "I think a lot of folks, especially celebrities, don't take their information security very seriously."
But hold up. Where exactly is the blame being placed?
The Huffington Post very clearly writes it's not Lawrence's fault. HuffPo's not buying argument that "the women somehow 'had it coming' for daring to pose nude."
That sentiment is being echoed by other celebs, including Lena Dunham, who tweeted, "The 'don't take naked pics if you don't want them online' argument is the 'she was wearing a short skirt' of the Web. Ugh."