Last July, in a similar spree, a Dachshund died and another dog was sickened from meatballs laced with rat poison. Police never found the person responsible in either scare.
No animal has been injured this time, but word is spreading through the neighborhood to be careful and be on the lookout for more.
"It's unknown what the person's intentions are, but please call police and don't let your dog eat them," cautioned Shy.
Michelle Martin, grasping two Great Danes, Oliver and Oliver Jr., was blunt about whoever would hurt unsuspecting dogs.
"I wish they would realize it's really stupid. Find a hobby, do something else," Martin said, "These guys are my babies and if I had to send them to the hospital from a meatball, I would just be devastated."
In February some 34 tainted meatballs were found hidden in carports, behind stairwells, along curbs and in bushes in the Twin Peaks neighborhood.
Last July a 7-year-old dachshund named Oskar died after eating a meatball laced with strychnine in Twin Peaks. Another dog was sickened.