This promotion has expired. The entry period for this sweepstakes ended on August 26, 2020.
FOX23 // MIX 96.5 // HANSEN DIRANI & ASSOCIATES // FOX23 SUMMER OF GORDON SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the FOX23 Summer of Gordon Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the States of Oklahoma and Kansas in the Tulsa TV DMA who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Television Tulsa, Inc. d/b/a KOKI-TV (“Sponsor”), Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a Cox Media Group Tulsa, Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., Jeff Martin & Associates, Hansen Dirani & Associates, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on July 28, 2020 and end at 11:00 p.m. CST on August 26, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To enter, complete the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
· Watch FOX prime programming on KOKI-TV FOX23 each Tuesday and Wednesday night during the Sweepstakes Period between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. CST (the “Nightly Announcement Period”) and look for the FOX23 “Summer of Gordon” Sweepstakes Dish of the Night announcement (each, a “Dish Announcement”). There will be one Dish Announcement per respective Nightly Announcement Period, for a total of ten (10) unique Dish Announcements during the Sweepstakes Period.
· Upon seeing the daily Dish Announcement, visit the FOX23.com Contests page at https://www.fox23.com/entertainment/contests/ (the “Contests Page”) and fill out the entry form with all required information, including the correct restaurant name, to be entered into the daily prize drawing (the “Daily Prize Drawing”) (as described below).
· Limit: one (1) entry per person per Restaurant Announcement
Entry into the Sweepstakes shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Viewers accessing Sponsor’s television station programming via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station programming to IP devices. By entering the Sweepstakes, viewers acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Sweepstakes Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contests Page or for a participant’s failure to reach the Contests Page due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or internet service to Sponsor during the Nightly Announcement Period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting a correct entry, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a Restaurant Announcement, Sponsor will not replay the affected Dish Announcement and the number of prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If the daily prize winner is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that daily prize winner will be disqualified, and Sponsor will randomly choose another Daily Prize Winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Random daily prize winners will be chosen electronically. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally entered to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Oklahoma or Kansas driver’s license or Oklahoma/Kansas state-issued ID (or other proof of residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account from which the entry was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number or other identifier automatically associated with the entry by a wireless service provider that is responsible for assigning the same. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection, Odds. At or about 9:01 p.m. CST on each Tuesday and Wednesday of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among such day’s eligible entries that provide all required information and the correct Restaurant name for such day and select one (1) potential winner (each, a “Daily Prize Winner”).
Odds of becoming Daily Prize Winner in a Daily Prize Drawing depend on number of eligible entries.
5. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Daily Prize Winner will receive a gift card in the amount of $100, and Sponsor will make a donation* in the amount of $100 to Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma, 1304 N. Kenosha Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106, in the name of Hansen Dirani & Associates.
*Donation is not tax deductible to prize winner.
Gift card issuer determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift cards subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuer.
Approximate prize value: $200
Prizes will be fulfilled no more than eight (8) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) daily prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Daily Prize Winners will be notified on or about the business day following the Restaurant Announcement for which they entered. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempt of notice.
To claim his/her prize, Sponsor will provide instructions, which may include requiring the potential winner to personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 2625 South Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK 74129 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. CST and 5:30 p.m. CST, weekdays) and presenting a valid government-issued photo ID. If winner is unable to visit Sponsor’s offices, winner must print, sign and return paperwork along with proper notarization and copy of a valid government-issued photo ID via fax or email to fax number or email address provided by Sponsor within five (5) business days after notification.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), and a W-9, which must be notarized as noted on paperwork and returned within (5) days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification within 48 hours, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon. Sponsor will select up to one (1) alternate potential winners, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND PRIZE PROVIDER HAS VERIFIED WINNER’S TAX ID NUMBER OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR TAX PURPOSES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor and Prize Provider for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor and Prize Provider. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Prize Provider.
7. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Prize Provider and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor and Prize Provider. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor and Prize Provider reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
8. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX RADIO, INC. D/B/A COX MEDIA GROUP TULSA, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., JEFF MARTIN & ASSOCIATES, HANSEN DIRANI & ASSOCIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
9. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s or Prize Provider’s use of your entry causes Sponsor or Prize Provider to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under, or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor AND PRIZE PROVIDER makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor AND pRIZE PROVIDER hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Sponsor. FOX23 Summer of Gordon Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Television Tulsa, LLC d/b/a KOKI-TV, and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after August 31, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.fox23.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), FOX23 Summer of Gordon Sweepstakes, 2625 S. Memorial Dr., Tulsa, OK 74129.