Tulsa family loses nearly everything in kitchen fire

TULSA, Okla. — A kitchen fire burned down a family’s home in north Tulsa on Tuesday evening.

The lawn littered with personal belongings, a couch and kids toys shows the chaos left behind from the fire.

Rachel Rogers was cooking dinner when her house went up in flames. She said she briefly left the kitchen when the fire started.

“We’re homeless right now,” said Rogers. “Like I said, it’s a numbing feeling. What do we do now?”

She said she returned to see the fire had become too large for her to contain on her own.

“I went to check but it was already well within going and I was like, ‘gotta go,’ so [I] grabbed Corey, grabbed my phone, went out the door,” She said.

Rogers said she escaped with her two-year-old son Corey and their two family dogs. one dog suffered from smoke inhalation.

The family lost nearly everything.

“We had a lot of people show up and help us and started donations, getting the boys some clothes, and offered to take them so they could have some place to stay,” Roger said.

The family is taking donations from those who would like to help. Just click here to donate.


On AirMix 96.5 Tulsa - Today's Best Music! Logo

mobile apps

Everything you love about mix965tulsa.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!